Monday, April 16, 2007

Jacqui,
GOOD JOB ! ! Now I'm really psyched to inflict a YouTube on everyone, a permanent, public record of my private living-room string shennanigans with my shameless Sunday-afternoon quartet. So stand back, and turn the volume waaaayyyyyyyyyyy down. Or play a CD of a real string quartet while you're watching us.
Tonight I have to go accompany this community chorus up in Charlton MA. Oh Well... it's good money, and not horrid music, either... but I think EVERY community chorus is performing "Frostiana" this spring. That's nice, but it's high time someone wrote something ELSE! I'm not inviting you to our concert. But you all must show up for the spring concert of our Willimantic (CT) Orchestra (the Willy-Philly) to watch the little Bumplet... the Deer in the Headlights... sweat his way through the Stravinsky Pulchinella Suite and Wagner's Big Ugly Noisy Overture to Something. Also we accompany a Haydn Cello Concerto played by some local whiz-kid who won a contest. He's doing a fabulous job, too. No one's said so, but I think this kid won 2nd prize. First prize kid gets the Vienna Philharmonic; 2nd prize gets Willy-Philly. So everyone hop on a plane and fly to Willimantic, a murky, dead little mill-town that subsists almost entirely on welfare and drug deals. Charming. I'll be in a tuxedo.
Maybe I'll get Rachel to take a tiny video w/ the camera. Watch for me in the 2nd or 3rd row right, squeezed in between 5 other viola players, hideing.

No comments: